Boatmad.com

Old 27-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #661

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by blimp View Post
Teams - a new group email has just gone out. One of the items on there is our new promotional video which is also linked to below. Please don't share it on social media sites yet as we'll be doing this when our new website goes live in a week or so.
http://vimeo.com/84971714
Nice video.

Shame you had more footage of the CTC 2010 & CTC 2012 races than last years Prologue.

P.S. Event dates 7th -14th June?

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Nice video.

Shame you had more footage of the CTC 2010 & CTC 2012 races than last years Prologue.
I was thinking that as well, plus, I think I spotted a couple of catamarans in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post

P.S. Event dates 7th -14th June?
That's for the really fast boats

Marinautic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #663

Yup - the dates are wrong in that version. It's currently being corrected and will be pushed out publicly when we launch the revised website (very soon).

It's indeed a shame that we didn't have more/better footage from the Prologue, but there were a number of reasons for that. The main thing is that we've got incredible TV lined up for the big one in June.
blimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #664

Good to see the aerial footage from 2010 and 2012.

None of that stuff was easy to finance and pay for.

I had a contract with Fiat (FPT) in 2010 - If we didn't run the Cowes 100 and Cowes Torquay Cowes, there would be no money towards the helicopter etc.
My late father insisted that I had an insurance policy covering the BPRC for loss of Fiat money in the event of bad weather.

Perhaps I go into detail, but 4 months away from your race - We aint seeing it from Venture Cup.
Old 27-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #665

Interests: Boats, skiing pets
Cruising area: wherever there is work!

and 2011 CTC
Mrs Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #666

John - that footage came from Ali, so quick question: did we infringe on your copyright?
Old 27-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #667

Long answer.

Always happy to see footage of race boats doing their stuff, however using CTC footage to promote your race this year, when you had opportunities to film the Prologue last year is dull.
Old 27-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #668

Thanks John ...both for the clarification and for the ongoing support.
Old 27-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #669

Quote:
Thanks John ...both for the clarification and for the ongoing support.
Always happy to clarify and support.

A weekend UIM Marathon race at Cowes is fairly tough to put on - A run down to the South of France - I will leave to others and wish them well.
Old 28-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #670

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

will the updated website,have more realistic figures,for example,187 twitter followers,and 15000 facebook likes,still cant see the 100 million,and the one million as it says in the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vc_stats.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	40967  
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #671

Carl - we haven't launched publicly yet. Let's see how those figures stack up a little further down the road.
Old 28-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #672

Quote:
Carl - we haven't launched publicly yet. Let's see how those figures stack up a little further down the road.
When it goes public - Carl can advise on the trend of the figures.

With lack of data so far - One would have to take the bearish stand point.
Old 29-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #673

That promo video has now been corrected and can be viewed here:
http://vimeo.com/85327789
Old 29-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #674

While we're in video mode, here's some beautifully captured footage from the build-up to the Prologue back in June of last year:
http://vimeo.com/85353316

It's important that I thank Adrian Palengat for all his help on this one. He organised and oversaw the shoot and we're only sorry we couldn't give him even better opportunities. Adrian's father raced in the original London to Monte-Carlo. The edit you see was done quickly for the recent London Boat Show.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #675

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

The following is just part of thread that has been running on Facebook so I thought that I would post part of this thread as it's pertinent to the Venture Cup.

• Mike Lloyd - How ridiculous is it that Powerboat Racing is now not allowed from Toulon to Monte-Carlo. Who on earth made that ridiculous decision? High speed powerboats scream across those waters every day but still powerboat racing is not allowed. Stupid!!

Massimo Lippi - dear Mike,the law of the marine park of cetaceans has been waiting for over 5 years without our UIM take a position. it is absurd that Article 9 shall be absolutely prohibited offshore races .. but why?? what proof is there against the speedboat races..

Massimo Lippi - Venture cup from Toulon to Monaco will make a "economy trophy"? famous races of 60' ,go slow and save fuel..

Mike Lloyd - Dear Massimo, You are right, the UIM, who are supposed to uphold the rights and wishes of ALL powerboat enthusiasts, would rather consider the environment!! Who actually has the facts that a one day race would harm the environment when thousands or normal powerboats hammer across those waters every day? By the way, what does an "economy trophy" in the Venture cup mean?

ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #676

While I'm reluctant to get involved in a discussion such as this, there are a few very brief points that I feel need to be made.

1. The organisers are not part of the 'thread that has been running on Facebook'

2. The 'marine park of cetaceans' is now called the 'Pelagos Sanctuary' and actually runs well beyond Monaco - in fact it goes as far as Fosso Chiarone in Italy (north of Rome).

3. It's not correct to say that Powerboat Racing is not allowed in these waters. An example is the race in Menton which is run by Offshore Passion, under the control of the French national authority.

4. There is no 'Economy Trophy' in the Venture Cup ....either from 'Toulon to Monte-Carlo', or anywhere else. There is an 'environmental trophy' but that's for entirely different criteria and runs across the entire event. (HTS won our inaugural Environmental Trophy during the Prologue).

If any team/competitor has any queries on this, just get in contact (as you usually do) and we'll be more than happy to respond.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #677

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Massimo Lippi - I know that Monaco, French, Italy authority,never permitted the offshore "races" in the area of Marine Parc and in French from Marsiglia (Marseilles) to Menton the speed limit is 30 knots. Only the outboard offshore category have a permission to run fast, look the C3 world Championship 2012 in Solenzara (Corsica).
5 hours ago ·
ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #678

Teams - attached is the (just released) RYA Offshore Calendar for 2014. You'll notice some interesting bits around the first part of the Venture Cup which we'll go into detail during our next group email (to be sent out in the next 48 hours) ....namely that Rounds 1 and 2 of the UK Marathon National Championship will be within the first 2 days of the Venture Cup (Rounds 3 & 4 are at the CTC) ....plus the possible addition of a London - Ramsgate - London race for other classes as part of the Venture start!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014RYANationalOffshoreCalendar.pdf (320.8 KB, 94 views)
Old 12-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #679

Interests: Boating/4x4s/Fast Cars
Boat name: Namotu
Boat make: Extreme 24
Engines: 383 Mag Stroker
Cruising area: Channel Isles

Guernsey

Is the Venture Cup stopping in Guernsey?

I notice the map says "Channel Islands" and the RYA Calender says London - Jersey...
Old 12-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #680

Hi Andy - the Channel Islands stop is indeed Jersey. We announced that back in late November.